This week’s Biz News HeadLines (14 March to 21 March, 2021)
1. India’s confident move to deter digital monopolies possibly shall hit Amazon, Walmart
2. High Court’s verdict as a setback for Kishore Biyani since the HC restrains Future, Reliance from moving ahead on deal
3. Future Group holds that the Delhi HC judgement would have not come in way of NCLT proceedings.
4. The woman booked by police who claimed Zomato delivery man attacked her
5. Kearney says the Tier 2 and tier 3 cities will drive India’s next wave of retail growth
6. Reports maintains that Retailers reach 93% of pre-COVID sales in February, on brink of full recovery.
7. Shashwat Goenka says he is ‘Keen to sell small stake in Spencer’s, Nature’s Basket’.
8. Year of the pandemic appears to be the breakout year for online marketplaces in India
9. Domestic retailers looks for TRAI like regulator for e-commerce
10. Govt aspires faster redressal of complaints after e-commerce rules notified
11. Cadbury India booked by CBI for allegedly obtaining factory license in Himachal Pradesh
12. MyGlamm fetches support from Amazon in first consumer brand bet in India
13. Maharashtra govt announces stricter norms for hotels, cinema halls, offices keeping in view the Covid-19 where 80% drop seen in sale of masks & sanitizers
14. Draft e-commerce policy moots conformity assessment procedures for online platforms
15. Tirupur garment units to down shutters on Monday against steep rise in yarn prices